Kia has upped their game with sustainable and eco-friendly models. We have entered 2024, and in the next few months we can expect the launch of the Kia EV9. The model has the potential to disrupt the automotive industry. So, let’s know what Kia has to offer in this model and when you can expect its launch date.
Kia first showcased the EV9 model at the 2021 Los Angeles Auto Show, focusing on 3 rows of seats. Kia EV9 is an electric midsize crossover SUV. Kia has utilized the Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), EV9 is the second model developed under it after E6. Resulting in a spacious, lounge-style-comfort vehicle. The production has begun in Gwangmyeong, South Korea. It is related to EV6, EV5, etc.
|Mid-size crossover SUV
|HT Line and GT line
|Expected to be Jun 2024
Concept of Kia EV9
The EV9 concept was to present a spacious and sustainable SUV model, it has 3 rows seat concept offering the car interior that can convert it into a comfortable meeting room.
The Kia manufacturers have also taken the environment in mind and gone the extra mile to make sure that it is an environment-friendly concept. They strive to eliminate the use of leather in Kia models and ten must-have sustainable items for Kia models.
Kia EV9 Features
Kia EV9 is aerodynamic, with a sleek and cutting-edge design. The front part is highlighted by a digital tiger face. It consists of various design features such as:
Lightning and digital tiger face
- The small cube headlamp in front has given a classy view, featuring dynamic welcoming light. The Digital tiger face featured Star Map daytime running lights. The steering wheel design is embedded with lights.
Auto-flush door handle
- It has featured an auto-flush door handle that remains hidden when parking, and driving.
Spacious and luxurious experience
- They have created swiveling seats in the 2nd row giving another exciting thing to look forward to. The seats can rotate 180 degrees to 3 rows which can be used for meetings or enjoying family time together. They added a relaxation seats feature.
Other than that, we have dual sunroofs and inverted z-shaped LED DRLs, and a large window area.
- Its advanced technological features make it appealing to many car enthusiasts. The vehicle consists of 12.4-inch touchscreens and an information and entertainment hub for the users.
- It also offers advanced features like lane-keeping assist, HVAC controls, and automatic emergency braking, ensuring a safe and automated driving experience. Other than that, the model has an integrated wireless charging pad and a hand-free calling feature.
Kia EV9 Specifications
It is equipped with fourth-generation battery technology. EV9 has a dual motor e-AWD and a powerful 99.8kWh battery for long range and standard range, it has a 76.1kWh battery (RWD).
According to Kia, EV9 has an 11kW board charger which is the same as its competitors, but what makes it stand out is its 230 KW maximum DC super fast charging that adds 100 miles of driving range in just 13-15 minutes.
With powerful battery backup, it can go to a range of 450km fully charged. The top speed is 185 km\h (standard) and 200km/h (Long range).
Kia EV9 has various features that can be a game-changer in the automotive industry. But do remember, the specifications can vary by region or country.
EV9 is capable of 80 to 89 MPGe depending on the drivetrain it uses. Its performance would be a great surprise, especially for the GT-liners.
Kia EV 9 Pricing
The pricing starts at $54,900 and can go up to $75300 depending on the variants. The mid-range SUV appears to be the most value-efficient car with its all-wheel drivetrain.
The Kia EV9 model has many features that make it exceptional among many models: its strength, design, sustainability, performance, and spacious and comfortable seating. We can expect it to come in the Indian market around June 2024. It would be an innovative and revolutionary advancement of mobility.
Visit EV Cars For More Updates.