Price $55,500 Vinfast provided updated price information for its upcoming VF 8 and 2023 VinFast VF9 electric SUVs at the Fresh York Auto Show last week. VinFast anticipates starting customer deliveries of these 3-row EVs near the end of this year. According to Vinfast, the VF 9 is quite quick, reaching 60 mph in just under six seconds. The VF 9 will likely compete with both current five-passenger electric crossovers and any upcoming seven-passenger electric SUVs.
- The VinFast VF 9 is a nine-passenger fully electric SUV that will be available in late 2022. Its dimensions are comparable to those of the Kia Telluride and Chevrolet Traverse.
- The VF 9, one of VinFast’s first vehicles for the American market, is also one of the first three-row electric SUVs from a mainstream manufacturer.
- The VinFast VF 9 is an appealing SUV. The corporation wisely chose the Italian design firm Pininfarina to style this SUV, which is appealing right out of the box.
- The Eco and Plus models will differ in terms of autonomous driving capabilities, interior amenities, and wheel sizes.
2023 VinFast VF9
The VF 9 will, according to VinFast, offers a broad range of standard features and more opulent appointments than its main rivals. The unconventional pricing scheme for the electric crossover, though, may attract more notice. VinFast will lease you the battery pack but sell you the car.
- Vinfast Electric Car
- Best Electric Cars 2023
- Best 7-Seater Electric Cars
- Upcoming Luxury Electric Car
The VF 9’s length is 201.5 inches, and its wheelbase is 124.0 inches. That is exactly where the Palisade and the R1S meet. Similar to the slightly smaller VF 8, Italy’s Pininfarina took the lead in creating the VF9, with internal styling staff completing the final touches. The entire appearance is sophisticated and athletic for such a huge vehicle, almost wagon-like.
The VF 9 (as well as the VF 8) were previously scheduled to go on sale in the United States in the latter part of this year by VinFast. However, it has been hinted that the premiere would be delayed until 2023.
In any case, a gradual roll-out is being planned, starting in California and other regions with substantial BEV sales. The electric crossover will eventually be made available in all 50 states.
2023 VinFast VF9 Specifications
|Trim||Eco Standard Range|
|Acceleration (0-60)||6.3 sec|
|Battery Capacity||110 kwh|
|Charging Time||70 % in 27 mins|
2023 VinFast VF9 Pricing
The starting price of the 2023 VinFast VF 9 will be $55,500. Online sales for this EV have started, and it is qualified for a $7,500 federal tax credit.
The battery pack for the VF 9 is a separate purchase, according to VinFast. You can either choose to buy the battery pack, which raises the starting price to $76,000, or you can lease it for $219 per month, allowing you to purchase the base VF 9 for $57,500. Comparing the VF 9 against competing EVs that include the battery pack as part of the regular purchase price does not help the VF 9’s value case.
Design And Interior
The new 2023 VinFast VF 9 is a stylish 3-row SUV with a muscular body that has a clean, completed appearance.
Our eyes are drawn to the distinctive C-pillar the most since it significantly tightens in like an hourglass. The VF 9’s taillights also makes it mesmerizing.
The VF 9 has three seats, with the variants that have been displayed so far arranged for six people. However, a mid-row bench option will also be available, increasing seating capacity to seven.
Due to the design of the electric crossover’s battery pack, the rear row is significantly taller than the front row, but it still appears to have enough head and leg room for two adults. Also, the installation of a frunk, or front trunk, underneath the hood proved advantageous.
EV Motor, Power, and Performance
The same 402 horsepower, all-wheel-drive electric powertrain with two electric motors is standard across all versions. According to VinFast, the VF9 should be able to hit 60 mph in as low as 6.3 seconds.
Range, Charging, and Battery Life
Depending on the integrated battery pack, several driving ranges are possible. Although the sizes of the two battery packs are unknown, VinFast claims that the Standard Range battery can deliver up to 272 miles of driving in the Eco trim, but only 262 miles in the Plus variant.
A more durable battery, the Enhanced Range battery provides an estimated 369 miles of driving in the Eco and 360 miles in the Plus. Both packs can be charged using a DC quick-charger, and according to VinFast, the smaller of the two can be charged from 10% to 70% in 26 minutes.
Infotainment and Connectivity
2023 VinFast VF9 includes,
- a sizable 15.6-inch touchscreen positioned on the dashboard doubles as a digital gauge display and an infotainment touchscreen.
- Critical information is also projected onto the windshield in front of the driver by a head-up display
- Users can interact with the system without touching the display thanks to a voice assistant
- Other features include inbuilt video games and an integrated e-commerce service to help pass the time while charging.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
A full suite of driver assistance functions, including some practical ones like automatic high-beam headlamps and traffic-sign recognition, are included with all VF9 models.
Visit the websites of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for more details regarding the 2023 VinFast VF9 crash test results. Important safety elements include:
- Blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking as standard
- Lane-keeping assistance and the standard lane-departure warning
- Lane centering standard adaptive cruise control
2023 VinFast VF9 Pros & Cons
- Wagon-like, low-slung style
- One of the extremely few inexpensive three-row electric SUVs
- lots of power and technology
- Specifications and delivery date are not yet available.
- Untested, new brand
- Unusual battery lease agreement
This is all you need to know about the 2023 VinFast VF9 so far. We will update this information as soon as it is confirmed by the automakers, so, stay tuned with EV Cars!